Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gypsy Cotume Part II

I googled gypsy head wraps and found these ones but no way would I pay $28 for one and I kinda had my mind set on a crocheted one so I googled gypsy head wrap crochet patterns and found this one.  Instead of using worsted weight yarn I used size 3 crochet thread in yellow and white and a G hook instead of an H.





It worked out perfectly just the right size for my soon to be Gypsy and in true Ellie fashion Ellie was harder then ever to photograph.


She held still long enough for me to get a good side shot of the ties and stuff.
 After lot's of yelling calm talking I bribed her with a fruit roll up she turned and I snapped the shot this is her "uh did you say fruit roll up!?" pose. Please excuse the dirty face she had been eating strawberries just minutes before our little photo session and honestly I didn't want to risk makin her mad by washin her face, I had a hard enough time as it was.
The head scarf worked up super easy and ya can't beat FREE, the crochet thread was some I had on hand that was given to me and the pattern was FREE so score. So far the total cost of the gypsy costume is $1.49. 

Next up will be jewelry I will be raiding my jewelry boxes I know I have some gold hoops that would be perfect!














No comments: